Shakti Migrant & Refugee Women’s Support Group NSW Inc. was incorporated in Sydney on December 2012 following the formation of a Steering Group led by local women, and the founding members of Shakti New Zealand. Shakti NSW currently based in Parramatta City, and extending its reach throughout Western Sydney is driven by a team of volunteers and works to service vulnerable and/or disadvantaged women and children, at risk of homelessness due to domestic violence, and isolation.
We specialise in:
- Drop-in services in Parramatta City and surrounding metropolitan areas
- Regional campaigns and advocacy on immigrant women of colour issues
- Capacity and capability building programmes/workshops for Community Advocates/ Volunteers
- Outreach and support group activities with women and youth
- Case Management & Advocacy services
- Safety planning including temporary safe accommodation for victims of violence and their children (Link to member organisation)